The position of Senior Hydraulic Engineer – Hydraulic Team Leader involves being an integral part of the hydraulic engineering team. You provide management support to the section manager through the various responsibilities you are accountable for. You will assist with providing input into developing the business model and developing efficiencies within the day to day operations of the business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Review concept plans and prepare fee proposals
– Liaise with regularly with clients and design teams
– Lead on projects from initial concept through to detailed design and construction phases
– Communicate with stakeholders throughout project; email, phone calls, attend meetings
– Undertake detailed hydraulic calculations
– Manage project timelines and project delivery
– Manage staff (hydraulic engineers, draftsmen) through design and documentation
– Train junior staff and provide mentoring to support staff development
– Work autonomously on projects and provide regular updates reports to senior staff
– Track financial status of the projects and prepare monthly invoices.
Essential experience and key attributes:
– Minimum 8+ years in similar role
– Experience designing water reticulation systems (cold, hot, recycled) and sewer
– In-depth knowledge of relevant Australian Standards, Codes and Building practices
– Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
– Experience in and knowledge of AutoCAD
– Desirable experience in and knowledge of REVIT.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
– Diploma of Hydraulic Engineering Services (or) approved equivalent
– Full Member of the AHSCA
Only candidates demonstrating all of the above skills and attributes will be considered and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES NEED ONLY APPLY BELOW
[contact-form-7 id=”1001″ title=”Job Applicant Form”]