The vision of Sparks+Partners is to bring to industry a project-centric approach, by providing quality engineering services through inspired people. How we do this is by providing a culture that values training, commitment and communication which empowers people to achieve their goals. By using current and emerging technology and innovative techniques to deliver successful engineering solutions. By building lasting relationships by understanding the client needs and requirements through open and effective communication.
The position of Senior Engineer/Designer involves being an integral part of the hydraulic engineering team. You provide management support to the section manager through the various responsibilities you are accountable for. You will assist with providing input into developing the business model and developing efficiencies within the day to day operations of the business.
To deliver your projects on time, on budget and on promise to the clients. Any variation to this is to be advised to the section manager within 24 business hours. To provide management assistance to the section manager, for example:
– Provide weekly projects updates to section manager including new and current projects
– To assist in timely preparation of fee proposals and
– Ensuring preparation of fee proposals completed within 3-days of receipt of RFQ
– Program a third of each day for technical support to the engineering team.
This position requires you to have a cool head. You will be dealing with people in both positions above and below you who will be vying for your time. Therefore you must know how to see through the chaos and prioritise tasks while keeping a positive attitude: We expect:
– Willingness to lead by example
– Be cool, calm and collected under pressure (deadlines are a reality of our work)
– Know when to ask for help (we are a team and do not work in isolation)
– Customer service skills
– Effectively program project works, so tasks are completed within regular working hours
– Share knowledge and experiences through regular training sessions
– Support continued growth and representation of the Sparks+Partners brand
– Aspire to be a better engineer everyday.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
– Diploma of Hydraulic Engineering Services (or) approved equivalent
– Full Member of the AHSCA
Only candidates demonstrating all of the above skills and attributes will be considered and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES NEED ONLY APPLY BELOW