The position of Hydraulic Engineer involves being an integral part of the hydraulic engineering team. You provide project engineering support to the section manager through the various responsibilities you are accountable for.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Undertake site inspections and investigations
– Determine existing site conditions and establish site constraints and opportunities
– Undertake preliminary and detailed hydraulic and fire design
– Prepare detailed hydraulic engineering CAD plans for DA, CC and construction submission
– Communicate with clients via telephone and email to answer RFI’s and coordinate design
– Support senior engineers by attending project meetings and taking minutes/design notes
– Mentor junior staff
– Conduct internal training programs
– Complete verification process
– Ensure design records are kept in a clear and concise manner for all works undertaken
– Undertake further skills develop in hydraulic engineering design and documentation.
Essential experience and key attributes:
– Minimum 2+ years in similar role
– Experience designing water reticulation systems (cold, hot, recycled) and sewer
– Knowledge of relevant Australian Standards, Codes and Building practices
– Ability to undertake multiple tasks at once
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
– Experience in and knowledge of AutoCAD
– Desirable experience in and knowledge of REVIT.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
– Diploma of Hydraulic Engineering Services (or) approved equivalent
– Member of the AHSCA
Salary is negotiable and dependent on applicant’s experience. Only candidates demonstrating all of the above skills and attributes will be considered and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
SUITABLE CANDIDATES NEED ONLY APPLY BELOW