A position currently exists at Sparks+Partners Parramatta office for a civil engineer with 2-5 years’ engineering design consultancy experience. You will have a bachelors degree in Civil Engineering and would be responsible for undertaking the conceptual through to detailed civil engineering design (Bulk Earthworks, Finished Levels, Stormwater Drainage) for residential, commercial and industrial developments. You will prepare plans and keep detailed records of all design related items. You will undertake site inspections for both the initial investigations and during construction. You will report to the managing director on a weekly basis updating current project status and assist in future project programming and planning. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
– A basic to proficient understanding of the following software packages AutoCAD, DRAINS, MUSIC
– Preferred (but not essential) understanding of HEC-RAS, Autoturn and 12D software packages
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Ability to work autonomously
– 2-5 years’ engineering design consultancy experience or similar
Only candidates demonstrating all of the above skills and attributes will be considered and only short listed applicants will be contacted.